Friday, January 22, 2016

The Magic within The Warner Brother Studios -London

The Magic within The Warner Brother Studios
Dakota Moore

Like most people of my generation, Harry Potter has always been a big part of my life. I was with Harry when he saved the Sorcerer’s stone and up until he defeated He-who-must-not-be-named. While the books are always better, the movies still hold a special place in my heart. So when preparing to travel to London, I knew I needed to go to the Warner Brother Studios where the Harry Potter cast and crew gathered everyday for 10 years to piece together Harry’s magical story for the big screen.
I wasn’t the only Harry Potter fanatic in my travel group. 8 Potter-heads including myself prepared ourselves for our journey to northern London. We considered the hour or so underground ride and small entry fee to be completely worth what we were about to experience. After our Tube ride we were then transported to the Studio, which still functions as a working studio today by a bus completely decked out in Harry Potter features. At this point, our group was so excited we could barely sit in our seats.
From the moment I walked into the Warner Brothers studio my arms were completely covered in goose bumps. This was a dream come true for me and I couldn’t decide where to start. The tour guide led us through the doors of the Great Hall where we saw the exact table settings where Hogwarts students sat. We saw exact replicas of all the characters and their most famous costumes. My excitement level was through the roof and it was only the first room.
After leading us through the Great Hall and giving us plenty of fun Harry Potter facts, our tour guide then set us free to roam the piles and piles of actual Harry Potter artifacts at our own pace. I spent hours roaming through the studio taking in the Harry Potter atmosphere and reading tons of fun facts on how the movies were made. The studio highlighted the behind the scenes work which I found to be inspiring. We were able to see full size sets like Harry’s bedroom, the Knight Bus, and even Buckbeak the Hippogriff. After looking through everything we could possibly see, we were even able to sit down for a cold mug of butter beer.
Being at the Warner Brothers Studio – Harry Potter Experience was a dream for me. Any one who calls themselves a Harry Potter fan would have a magical day. A trip to London cannot be complete without a trip to the Warner Brother studio.




No comments:

Post a Comment